Head and neck tumors
There are several tumors that can affect the head and neck, or the upper airway, for example:
– Thyroid nodule (Thyroid tumor)
– Parotid tumor
– Thyroid cyst
– Ganglia or adenopathies of the neck
– Submaxillary tumor
These tumors can be benign or malignant (cancer), so when one is detected, urgent study and possible excision are recommended as soon as possible.
- Duration of the intervention: 2 to 4 hrs
- Anesthesia: General
- Recovery: 7 to 14 days
- Cares: Rest, medications, drainage management, wound cleaning, among others.
- Visible effects: Immediate
- Duration of the result: Depending on the type of tumor
- Possible consequences of not operating: Persist with the tumor, progression, invasion or metastasis in case of malignancy (cancer).