- Otoplasty is the procedure to correct prominent ears, bring balance to the facial fifths and with this normalize facial aesthetics.
During this surgery I make a hidden incision directly behind the ears, through which I modify the different cartilages that form it to remove its prominent appearance; in some cases it is enough to recreate the antihelical fold, in others what is reduced is the concha and in other cases (most) I modify both cartilages. The result: natural, harmonious and without the stigmata of surgery.
Although this surgery is most commonly performed in young adults, it can also be performed in childhood: from 5 years of age, when the ears have already completed most of their growth, this helps children to avoid bullying and nicknames during their school life. While in children it is performed under general anesthesia, in young people and in adults it can be performed under local anesthesia with or without sedation.
- Duration of the intervention: 2 h
- Anesthesia: Local, sedation, or general
- Recovery: 7 days
- Post-op instructions: Rest, medications, headband, cold compresses, sun protection.
- Visible effects: Immediate, without swelling in 10 to 15 days
- Duration of the result: Permanent
- Minimum stay in Cancun: 9 days (1 before, the day of surgery and 7 after)
22-year-old patient 7 days after otoplasty with concha modification only + rhinoplasty
23-year-old patient 7 days after otoplasty with modification of the antihelical fold and the concha + revision rhinoplasty
27-year-old patient 15 days after otoplasty with modification of the antihelical fold and the concha