The Otoplasty is the surgery to correct the prominent ears, balance the fifth facials and normalize the facial aesthetics of the patients. It is performed through a hidden incision behind the ears, the cartilages are modified to remove their prominent appearance.
This surgery is recommended from 5 years of age, when the ears have already completed most of their growth, this to avoid the bulling and nicknames faced by children with prominent ears during their school life. While in children it is performed in the operating room under general anesthesia, in young people and adults it is performed in the office under local anesthesia.
- Duration of the intervention: 2 hours
- Anesthesia: Local or general
- Recovery 7 days
- Care: Rest, medication, headband, local cold, sun protection.
- Visible effects: Immediate
- Duration of the result: Permanent