The Otoplasty is surgery to correct prominent ears, balance facial fifths and normalize patients' facial aesthetics. It is done through an incision hidden behind the ears, the cartilages are modified to remove their prominent appearance.
This surgery is recommended from the age of 5, when the ears have already completed most of their growth, this to avoid bulling and nicknames faced by boys and girls with prominent ears during their school life. While in children it is performed in the operating room under general anesthesia, in youth and adults it is performed in the office under local anesthesia.
- Duration of the intervention: 2 hrs
- Anesthesia: Local or general
- Recovery: 7 days
- Cares: Rest, medications, headband, local cold, sun protection.
- Visible effects: Immediate
- Duration of the result: Permanent